Wikipedia defines physical exercise as a bodily activity that develops and maintains physical fitness and overall health. It is often practiced to strengthen muscles and the cardiovascular system, and to hone athletic skills.
Frequent and regular physical exercise boosts the immune system, and helps prevent diseases of affluence such as heart disease, cardiovascular disease, Type 2 diabetes and obesity. It also improves mental health and helps prevent depression.
There are several forms of physical exercise. From Aerobic exercise Anaerobic exercise Strength training to Agility training Take out 10 minutes of your day to exercise. Go for a walk with your kids, do some jumping jacks, sit ups or push ups for 10 minutes. Did you know that vacuuming is also a good form of physical exercise?
Simple 10 Minute Exercises you can do at Home
- Jump Rope
- Dance to Your Favorite Music
- Go for a Walk or Run
- Push Ups
- Run Up and Down Your Stairs
- Sit-ups or Crunches
- Jumping Jacks
- Run in Place
*Image courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net.
This is a Blog Hop. The rules of this Blog Hop are the following:
- Visit thehealthymoms.net every Friday and link up to your Fitness Friday post or any post fitness related.
- Put our Fitness Friday button somewhere on your blog (code is above) or blog post and invite your readers to join us every Friday.
- Place these rules on your Fitness Friday post.
- Leave me a comment on thehealthymoms.net so I can visit your blog. ( You must have a Google+ account to leave comments. Sign up for one HERE.)
- Visit the other blogs linking up here and the other blogs that co-host Fitness Friday every week.
- Our talented co-hosts:
Chandra Sullivan - Spark Your Motivation
Tere Scott - Teachable Scott Tots Homeschool
Danielle Nabozny - Lip Gloss and Yoga Pants
Lisa Belanger - Inspire Me Well
Maryann Mitchell - It's Not Food, It's Me
Angela Barnets - Fit Personified
Wendi Barker - Wendi's Book Corner
Lacey Baker - Love Lacey 365
About Our Founder
Cascia Talbert is a busy blogger, and mother of five children, living in Spokane, WA. With a B.A. in history and law and a passion for writing and staying healthy, she started The Healthy Moms Magazine in 2007. The Healthy Moms Magazine is currently ranked the top health blog for moms. Ms. Talbert believes that if mothers are well educated on health issues and how to stay healthy, they can pass that information down to their children and reverse the childhood obesity statistics in the U.S.